Sunday, August 18, 2013

RED IN BLUE

Sunday at work. Granted, it's a sixth day of work in a week of seven brights, but there are advantages. I get to talk with Andy and have dinner. It's a workday for Malibu, so that's a plus. And until people start coming in, I can blast Spotify without annoying the rest of the newsroom.

Summer is almost over. I cannot say I am unhappy about this. There was no real heatwave, so no real heat. The urge to bloom with optimism never set seed. This is probably a good thing. Only a fool wishes for the impossible.

Besides, some nice things have happened this summer. I found a new place to live. I learned more about true friends. I bought a blacklight bulb to cast my nighttime world in a surreal glow, as befits this chapter of my life.

Tonight I will look through more boxes and cast aside those things that used to be a part of my life. Most of them, anyway.

No comments: