Saturday, September 22, 2012

SWEET SATURDAY

Last night I saw two shooting stars, one right after the other, and on each one I made a silent wish.

Today is Saturday. Lingering on my skin and in my heart is a sweetness that feels natural and appropriate. Autumn is very much in the air; Summer 2012 has finally ended, it seems. I will remember it for many reasons, many of them colored in shades of black, but I can see the positive purpose of the darkness. I can see why I needed to fall before fall. I could not appreciate what I've been given if I hadn't gone through the dark times of summer.

Today I give thanks and embrace the sweetness I've been given, and the simple yet profound pleasures that can be found in the quietest moments. Until now I haven't been able to appreciate how precious and powerful the quiet can be.

I had a dream last night, a funny Tim Burton dream. Guess you had to be there to appreciate it. I was, and I did, and I do.

No comments: