Thursday, July 19, 2012

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Click those heels together three times and say it with me, and maybe Glinda the Good Witch will hear us.

My heart's desire: I've learned I don't need to run away to find it — it's been here all along, right in front of my face. But I've been stubborn; even with wide-open eyes, I've refused to see. I've let reason come before faith.

I talked with a couple of the Amazons last night about the gulf between the two, about my belief that if something can't be explained by science, it can't be real.

They offered similar advice, distilled to this essence: quit being an idiot. Sometimes the inexplicable rises up and smacks a human upside the head, and all the logic and reason in the world won't explain it away.

Ergo: No matter the differences between two people, sometimes a connection exists and pretending it's not there is ridiculous. So I'm done pretending. I embrace my faith in the mysterious. I click my heels and hope to find a way back home. At least I'll look stylish while doing it.

In the meantime, I prepare for the weekend. One day till Friday and night movies. Maybe it's time for The Wizard of Oz.

No comments: