Wednesday, July 11, 2012

LIKE A SPIKE IN MY BRAIN

Only worse. Much worse.

The headache started Sunday night and has not abated. It is now Wednesday afternoon. The noise of the six scanners behind my head is a high and steady whine. I can hear the buzz of the fluorescent lights. Every sensation is heightened. In a few minutes I will go into the booth, where the lighting is dim and there will be an hour's respite from the noise.

No, I don't think it's a stroke. If I did I wouldn't be sitting here; I may be a stubborn bastard, but I have no intentions of dying just yet. Screw my enemies; I don't care what they think. I've got a few things I still need to prove to myself.

But my God. GAWD. Must get better before Friday. That's my movie night and I haven't even figured out what to watch. Last week's surprise must be topped.

Maybe a machete would help. A sharp, relentless machete, applied right above the eyebrows. It might spoil the rest of the week, but it certainly would lessen the pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to go to the doctor like an hour ago.