Friday, June 29, 2012

FRIDAY NIGHT FLICKS

"So, what are you doing tonight?" asked Barbie from the Paragraph Factory.

"I'm going to hole up in my apartment and watch movies all night," I replied. Sorry, but karaoke at the Cubby does not sound up my alley tonight. Maybe next lifetime.

With a variance or two still possible, here's the playlist for the Stroke Eve event at Casa del Gato y Ching√≥n:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Fabulous film.

Lost in Translation. Saw it last weekend, cried for a while.

Groundhog Day. What's not to like about this Bill Murray film? The goofy guy gets the girl in the end. Yeah, I know: it's a movie.

Ghostbusters. So maybe it's a Murray sort of night.

Still looking for a copy of Stay to watch on the laptop. Ditto for Howl's Moving Castle. Damn you, Netflix, for not making them available via streaming.

Update 8 a.m. Saturday: I wound up watching some Groundhog Day, some Airplane!, a little Eternal Sunshine — and The Exorcist, followed by a little Wallace & Gromit.

No comments: